The project INTEGRA: Multidisciplinary Mentorship program to support the entrepreneurship of children in care and young care-leavers addresses the need to ease the social, cultural and economic integration of children ageing-out of care service into the community.
INTEGRA follows a holistic approach to integration by developing tools to support the collaboration between national stakeholders and target groups while prioritizing an individualised approach. This helps to avoid one-size-fits-all approaches to child-care in relation to diversity issues and policy. Aims:
- Empowerment and social integration of care-leavers aged 16+ through the establishment of a multi-agency support network.
- Developing and piloting a Mentoring Integration Programme to empower residential care professionals as Leaving Care Mentors.
- Understanding & assessing the state-parent’s responsibilities and the care-leavers’ challenges.
- Creation of a multi-agency Collaboration Continuum Network of interested stakeholders.
- Design of a Platform4Cooperation to connect state parents, care leavers and stakeholders.
INTEGRA contributes to the establishment of mechanisms and networks for better support in preparing children ageing-out of care services in southern EU countries, being implemented in Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal.